We are pleased to inform you of this week’s Spanish court victories. M1 Legal secured a fantastic 15 positive awards with a total value of £217,654.
Here is a breakdown of the substantive results:
1st Court of Instance:
- CLC World x 3 – In Fuengirola court No. 1, the judge on all 3 cases, declared the contract null under the law 04/2012 (lack of information regarding the accommodation and contract period.Amounts Awarded – £23,174, £17,659, £16,950.
- Silverpoint – In court No.3, Arona, Tenerife, Silverpoint agreed to the grounds of the lawsuit.Amount Awarded – £35,060.
- Silverpoint – In court No.3, Arona, Tenerife, the judge in this case declared the contract null under the law 04/2012 (contract duration). Amount Awarded – £10,320.
M1 Legal also received positive results against Tasolan and Diamond Resorts.
- Anfi – In the Court of Appeal No.5 Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, it was heard that this case was initially lost at the First Instance due to the consideration that the contract was previously cancelled due to non-payment of maintenance fees. M1 Legal were not happy with this decision and appealed which resulted in another win along with court costs. The contract was nulled due to lack of accommodation information under law 04/2012 requirements.Amount awarded £18,054.
- Anfi – The Court of Appeal No.3 in Las Palmas, Gran Canaria has confirmed that this judgement still stands from the first instance whereby the contract was declared null and void due to lack of information regarding the accommodation. – Law 42/1998. Amount awarded £31,810.
- Anfi – This is another great appeal victory against Anfi. We lost the case in the First Instance due to the judge considering the contract was before the law 42/1998 so the claim could not be submitted. However, M1 Legal appealed this decision and won.Amount awarded £9,167.
- CLC World – In the Court of Appeal in Malaga, Costa Del Sol, has confirmed that this judgement still stands from the First Instance whereby the contract was declared null and void due to lack of information regarding the accommodation and contract period – Law 04/2012.Amount awarded £12,814.
- CLC World – In the Court of appeal No. 4, Tenerife, CLC has lost the appeal on all points regarding the nullity of the timeshare under law 04/2012 (accommodation and contract duration).Amount awarded £14,251.
- Tasolan – In the Court of appeal No. 3, Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, the judgement from the First Instance still stands which declared the contract null due to lack of information regarding accommodation and contract duration (law 04/2012). Amount awarded £11,352.
There were also two further appeals against Anfi, and one against Tasolan which went in our favour also. The Court of Appeal has confirmed that both judgements still stand.