We are pleased to inform you of last week’s Spanish court victories. M1 Legal secured 6 positive results with a total amount awarded of £122,509. The substantial awards are listed below:
1st Court of Instance:
- Club la Costa World – In this case, previous contracts along with the current contract were accepted and they were all confirmed null by the judge. Furthermore, evidence that Club La Costa provided (certificates) to support their arguments was also identified as proof of the connection among all the contracts. The grounds for this case were lack of accommodation information. Amount awarded – £15,295.
- Club la Costa World – The same situation happened in this case; however, the only difference was grounds due to lack of information regarding the period. Amount awarded – £22,457.
- Club la Costa World – A final case last week in the First instance against Club La Costa resulted in a positive judgement in our client’s favour due to lack of information regarding the contract duration & accommodation under 04/2012 law requirements. Amount awarded – £11,268.
- Restotel (Medhotel) – The company has been judged in default however the outcome was very positive, the contract was declared null by the judge under the law 04/2012 requirements. The contract did not reveal the minimum requirements regarding the accommodation. Amount awarded – £26,761. Appeals:
- Anfi – The Court of Appeal has confirmed our victory in the first instance declaring the contract null and void due to lack of information regarding the contract duration. Amount awarded – £21,440.
- Club la Costa World – In this case, Anfi appealed the judgement from the first court of instance, however, the judgement was ruled in our favour declaring the contract null due to lack of information regarding the contract duration. Amount awarded – £25,285.
We can also confirm 2 jurisdiction victories this week with a total value of £23,732, one Diamond Resorts and one Club La Costa World. The resorts argued that the cases should not be heard in Spain however, the judge ruled in both instances they can, both cases will continue.